Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Raz Kids News

Dear Parents,

First off, I'm posting an online link to the March newsletter. You should expect to see this home tomorrow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sid4213ofu8b5y5/March%20newsletter%20lisa.pdf

I hope that the Show and Share theme (Math is Everywhere!) is fun and an opportunity for creative play. However, if you get stuck for ideas, or can't find a printer, send me an email before the date so I can help out.

Along with the school newsletter and mail-outs, I sent home passwords to the Raz-Kids website today. The school has subscribed to this service, where students can work on reading levelled books. The program will also read to students and record their reading of a story. It's great because I can keep tabs on the program centrally and the subscription is good through the summer, allowing students to continue to practice their reading.

Parents had some questions as to why there were no library books sent home last week and I thought it would be good to clarify generally that this was due to the Book Fair. New book selections should have gone home yesterday, so please contact me if there's a problem moving forward, so we can sort it out.

Expect a more picture filled post by the end of the week to talk about Author Studies and classroom learning in more depth.

Cheers,

Lisa