Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Welcome to Room 105, 2018/19 Edition

Dear Parents,

I'm excited to welcome your children to my class for this year and am looking forward to a lot of exciting things, like a series of field trips for High Park Through the Seasons, Scientists in the School, and getting to know the students and their families.

My class membership to RazKids started late last year, so I've started early by adding all my current students to my list and sending you the login information in the Mr. Zippy bag today. (Students from last year who logged in over summer were kept on as well, just in case you're still reading as well.) Razkids is an online reading program that provides levelled books and online incentives to support regular reading. Students can also use the program independently once they are familiar with its layout.

I'm also attaching Durham Board's Parent Guide to curriculum expectations in Grade 1, for your reference: Parent Guide to Curriculum in Grade 1 and look forward to meeting many more of you during the Meet the Teacher evening.

On Wednesday, expect the full package to come home from the school with all your permissions and information. If you have any questions about these or anything else, please do feel free to be in contact.

This is my third year teaching Grade 1 at Indian Road and I'm always astounded at how much progress students have made at the end of the year when I look back at where they started. I'll do my best to update here regularly with information that I hope will be helpful to you in the Grade 1 journey. If you wish to be notified of when these posts happen, please subscribe on the left.

Sincerely,

Ms. Goegan