Friday, September 28, 2018

Meet the Teacher Night

Dear Parents,

It was lovely to meet many of you again last night. For those that missed it, I've attached a copy of my 2018 brochure that outlines our year together.

2018 Brochure

Students were super excited to share student journals, family trees and their portraits with their parents. Stamps, lego, and our book centre also came up.  I'll update this post with a few pictures later as well.
I would like to be a dragon

I would like to be me


Student self portaits in our classroom


Who Am I? Student Questionaires


A family tree--students have compared similarities and differences

Some excellent questions were asked about schedule and routine. Here are some notes:

1. Having a pair of indoor shoes that stay at school is so helpful. Please send in a pair to help spare our carpets and keep the inside clean. 

2. Gym is Day 2 and Day 4. Students need to wear clothing they can move in and running shoes on these days. Mr. Dantowitz is our gym teacher. 

3. Library is every Day 4. It is normally taught by Ms. Smith, but please send library books back to school in Mr. Zippy and I'll make sure they are returned. 

4. Music is Day 1, 3, and 5. Ms. Fraser has asked students to bring in music from home for next week. (A note detailing this was sent home in Mr. Zippy)

5. Reading buddies are also Day 5. We're paired with Ms. Oseghale's class. 

6. If you forget any of this, or don't know when Day 1 is (right now, Tuesdays, but it will change!), you can always check our schedule posted right outside our door. If you would like a copy of this schedule for your fridge, email me and I'll send you a copy. 

(Disclaimer: It's meant to be a working document and a rough guide...we might do more art one day and make up social studies the next, for example.)

See you tomorrow!

Sincerely,

Ms. Goegan

P.S. Pizza Money has come due. I have not received as many forms as I would expect. It's online and was emailed to you. If you need a physical form, let me know.

P.P.S. Snack forms went home yesterday. Please send back the form and monies as soon as possible.