Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Names

No doubt you've been wondering about this post with just the first names of all the students in 305. I posted it to help students as they wrote their kind things about each other this past week. Yesterday, at graduation, I read out some of the lovely things they'd said about each other, and today I gave them all a copy of their own nice things, hopefully to keep for a while. (I slipped my own nice comment onto each sheet as well--the trick is to guess who wrote what, but I like the anonymity of it too)

Today we also sent home the movies that students collaborated on earlier in the year. It took a bit of work to get them edited (Thanks John!) and burned (Thanks Edwin!), and wrapped (Thanks Stephanie, JinJin and Alissa!). Thanks as well to all the parents who came in and helped us film! What I enjoyed most about watching the movies were all the little memories tucked into each of them--Rose's formality, Justin's mustachio, Edwin's absolute commitment to his role, etc.

Thanks for all the memories, and have a great summer.