Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tying up loose threads

This week is a light one for the kids at any rate. We've finished our latest round of projects and have begun to work with Brigitte Berman, our video artist. I think it was a great first day. Students are prepping a pitch for Thursday and I'm off to coach a volleyball tournament tomorrow.

Meanwhile, reports are being written and marks are being finalized. Next week, I'll be setting aside a day for students who need to rewrite a math test to be able to do so. All those students eligible for rewrites have had the tests sent home to be signed, but I'll do my best to send a formal reminder home this week.

In many cases, I think the difference between a B and a C is simply a more careful approach to test taking: remembering to show work, reading carefully to answer all parts of the question and careful checking over after you're done can make up a lot of marks. Since we're a bit short on texts for the 6's, I'm also happy to photocopy chapters of the Grade 6 textbook for anyone wanting to review.

I hope students see this as an opportunity to build on their success and am happy to follow up with any extra questions you might have.

Regards,

Ms. G