Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone who brought food or presents for the class or various school drives. Personally, I felt very blessed this holiday season. I hope that everyone has had a restful and fun holiday break. I know I did.

Starting the year off with some good memories from December:



And looking forward to new challenges.

January looks like a busy month. We have the concert on the 20th, where 305 will be performing some of our Banethi movements. We have two trips (one on the 21st to look at Climate Change and one on the 3rd of February to look at the history of bookmaking). I'm coaching Girls Volleyball for a tourney on the 26th.

And we also have Brigitte Berman coming in to work with us on developing our our short films.

Among my favourite presents this year was a videocamera, which I hope to use with the class. If you have any video equipment you wouldn't mind sharing or any time to come in yourselves on the days Brigitte will be here (see Calendar), we'd love to have your help and your equipment. It's always good to have as many hands on deck as possible during filming and we promise to take very good care of any equipment. The MACbooks our school has recently acquired should help nicely with editing as well.

See you all on Monday!