Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Welcome to Grade 6

Dear Parents,

Welcome to Grade 6. It's always a busy start to the year, but I have been especially busy preparing for Mono Cliffs next week. Please get your permission and medical forms back asap or let me know formally if you're not going (i.e. return the form with a "NO").

I also sent home homework for the first time last night, which will be due on Friday. I do think regular practice is important and our math time is much too short to get that all in--I plan to start a more regular homework program once we return from Mono Cliffs, but also felt like students needed to get back in practice more immediately as well. The sheets are from Jump Math and relate to patterning. I hope that you will "help" by asking open ended questions (Sample questions: What do you think goes there? Can you read the question again to be sure?) and providing space and time to support completion of work. I will always try to give ample lead time with homework, but will be tracking who does and does not complete their work. If completion becomes onerous or takes hours, that's helpful information for me to have as well.

As always, you can be in touch via my tdsb.on.ca address (lisa.goegan), if there are any issues or needs.

Sincerely,
Ms. Goegan