Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Interview problem solving and printmaking


Dear Parents,

This is a crazy week with Hundredth Day, Valentines and Report interviews all stacked, as well as the beginning of Lent (Shrove Tuesday, Ash Wednesday) and a flu rampaging through the school. Please note that if your child was absent today, their Valentines have been collected and are waiting for them. I also have a couple of report cards still to go home that are hanging out in our Mr. Zippy bin.

With all that said, I'll be absent during the day tomorrow and returning to the school at 4pm to do interviews.

Because of daycare's presence in our room, I'll be doing interviews in Room 202, upstairs across from the library.

I sent home interview confirmations today, but I can see that they'd be easy to miss in the pile of Valentines today. I should have access to email, if you'd like to book an appointment. You can also look directly at my schedule in google calendar and book yourself in by following this link:

February appointments


While I'm blogging, I thought I'd also show you some process and results of our recent printmaking work.
Students created an image then traced it onto a styrofoam plate. 
The image was taped to avoid movement
Once the cover was revealed, students had a workable template to print from




An iguana






A woodpecker

A rhinoceros

An owl
 Here are some of the results:
A manta ray

A loon

A puffer fish

And here's the class display, showing a variety of prints.