Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pick an Interview Time

Dear Parents,

A bunch of things are coming up very fast:

1. Reports go home on the 10th. I missed sending home interview request forms today, but expect them tomorrow. I'm going to try to let you book online this term and see how it works for you and me (I'll send email confirmation of any times booked this way, to be sure).

Here's the link for Thursday night interview slots:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UU5RM3RFdlRBWTR0fGRlZmF1bHR8NWFhNzhlOTEyMmUzYTc5ODI3NjFlYmU1NjBiMzc1OTg

And the link for Friday morning slots:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UU5RM3RFdlRBWTR0fGRlZmF1bHR8NWFhNzhlOTEyMmUzYTc5ODI3NjFlYmU1NjBiMzc1OTg

If it works out, you can book in your preferred time specifically based on what's available.

2. Monday is 100th Day. We'll be doing a range of math based activities and students are invited to dress up as though they were 100 years old.

3. Tuesday is Valentine's Day. There will be time for a card exchange and some festive themed activities. I would prefer if cards were sent for all children in the class if you choose to send them. Names are not necessary; however, if you'd like a list of first names, email me and I'll send one along.

4. I have sent the finished letters along to the Prime Minister's Office today. We'll hope to hear a response soon.



As a general sort of overview:

We are finishing up the last bits of our Health unit and starting in again on Science. I emptied the folders and sent home the energy unit, so we could begin fresh. We'll be making a food rainbow on Friday I hope.



We have also just finished our Geometry unit and are beginning Data Management. I've been doing some dpa by having students pair up to make different shapes.
This is a circle
This is a square
Together they're making a star
Another star

The number 4

This is a lot of fun for the kids and spurs on some creative problem solving. Here are 3 ways to make a W:






Lastly, I've shuffled reading groups somewhat so that there are again 5 groups. The new group has yet to pick a name but is considering Cotton Candies, Jelly Beans, and Lollipops. The lowest reading group is focusing on Level D, Chocolate Chips are E, Skittles are F/G, Gummy Bears are practicing writing skills at G but reading novels at K/L/M, and Smarties are practicing writing skills at I, but reading at M or above.

Finally, we did some guided breathing today after lunch and listened to some soundscapes. Some are soothing and others are meant to build focus. I promised to send along the link:

http://asoftmurmur.com/

Have a great week!

Sincerely, 


Ms. Goegan





Building the tallest tower during activity time.