Thursday, June 30, 2016

The cat is out of the bag

Dear Parents,

The last day is always a blur, but all the facts are out there now:

I'll be teaching Grade 1 at IRC in September, Ms. Moniz will be teaching in Room 101, and you should have your class placements for September as well. I hope that you found report cards helpful in thinking about your child's learning.

I sent home a postcard (students chose their own image) with a little personalized note for each child on Tuesday, and Ms. Moniz sent home a little care package, with a math or language workbook and a bookmark, yesterday.

The last day is always a blur, especially while moving classrooms, so I did receive all your kind words and presents (homemade cards with kid notes are totally my favourite thing ever), but didn't have a chance to write personalized thank you notes in return.

Still, I hope it was a great last day for the kids: we spent a good chunk of our morning having a picnic with our reading buddies and the afternoon playing with building toys and reminiscing about our year together. The Earth Rangers assembly and our farm trip were highlights for students.

I hope you have a fantastic summer.
Sincerely,

Ms. Goegan
Translated into standard english: You're the best teacher ever. I learned a lot from you. You know you confuse me sometimes, but otherwise, you're great. I like you, Ms. Goegan and I still will always.