Monday, November 18, 2013

Little Monsters!

I thought this had posted last week, but apparently not. Library this week will be on Thursday. And, in breaking news, we're just finalizing the dates and times for the holiday concerts. They'll definitely be on the December newsletter, but I should be able to post them by the end of the week.

Next, I thought I'd show you some highlights from our most recent art made from Rorschach-blots. We folded the paper and smushed the paint around to create the base for these, then applied beads, feathers, string, marker, paper, and google-y eyes to add the finishing touches. Some of them have such personality!
This one took me a while to get because it's a side view. The monster is flying and there's a sad person running away in the bottom.

James' monster looks like an elephant to me.
This student was very carefully placing beads along the line of symmetry and was very excited about the different shapes of the beads: stars, hearts, circles.
Izaiah was excited about the symmetry involved. His painting is of a LADY monster and a SEAL monster. They are dating, apparently. 

Hunter's monster reminds me of a chicken
The application of beads creates a pattern along the bottom of the page