Saturday, October 23, 2010

Project Outlines and Other Helpful Papers

I've yet to find an online link for the permission form slips, which is probably the biggest request from parents, but I have been working hard at updating the Project Outlines page here. From there, I think you'll be able to see what we've been working on in class and get a sense of what the next steps are. I've even posted the lit circle roles so you can print out any sheet you might lose track of.

We're pictured in the school newsletter this week, practicing Banethi. I'm excited by the opportunity to learn this dance alongside students and we look forward to showing you more at the Winter Concert.

I also have to thank the class in general for doing so well on our first field trip Tuesday and the Grade 6's in particular for making me look good in front of the SciHigh folks by remembering all about DNA from last year. 

This week will culminate with a Halloween party. We've posted a sign-up sheet in the classroom and I'm hoping to get a nice mix of savoury, sweet, healthy and tempting treats. The current plan is to participate in the school's Halloween parade and then retire to the classroom to watch some of the Simpson's Halloween episodes. Mr. Eckler's class usually hosts a costume contest for the kids and we're hoping a good time will be had by all.

Thanks to everyone I saw at the Fall Fair today for stopping to chat!